Sunday, May 25, 2014

Love Each Other

 


I never dreamed just how much the YA novella I wrote almost two years ago, would reflect the events in my life over the last couple of months.  As I eagerly await the release of, Beyond Vica, I can't help but to compare Gabby's (heroin)  life lessons to my own, along with the young people in my life.

Tragedy struck my family for the third time this past March. As a result, I'm now raising two young people who are grieving the sudden death of their mother. My heart is filled with love and compassion for them.These amazing young people have been victims of the previous tragedies as well. They have been through more in their young lives than most people go through in a lifetime. They have every reason to be angry with the world and God, yet their faith remains strong. Something their mother modeled for them. In the words of my young niece, "My mom had a heart of gold and a pocketful of faith." God has blessed both children with loving and kind spirits.

 God has taught me through all of this that we need to love one another through tragedy. He showed this to me through people I'd never met until this happened. Enough money was raised by friends and people from the children's small town to pay for their mother's funeral. A group called " The Brotherhood of the Wheels", campaigned and collected money for the children. The children's church led by Bishop Sam Calloway, did so much for us through all of this, that I can't begin to list it all. I want thank all of these people publicly.

 My faith has grown so much in the last couple months and God has displayed his amazing love in so many ways.  I'm dedicated my next few posts to sharing the journey and lessons learned.


Until next time, LEO (Love Each Other)


Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God.  I John 4:7



No comments:

Post a Comment