Friday, April 22, 2016

Purple Memories

 


  Being an eighties gal, I can't help but feel sad today. Like many others, I remember going to see Purple Rain at the movie theater when I was a teen.  I was an instance Prince fan. My kids laughed at me when I told them I had the entire sound track of the movie memorized since I carried around my boom box and listened to it on cassette tape.

     Listening to his songs again, brings back so many memories of my teen years. He truly was an amazing artist and will be greatly missed. We are fortunate that his music and words continue live on.


"Electric word, life
It means forever and that's a mighty long time
But I'm here to tell you 
There's something else
The afterworld

A world of never ending happiness
You can always see the sun, day and night"

Let's Go Crazy by Prince

He's now in his world of never ending happiness. He made an impression this world will never forget.  



No comments:

Post a Comment