Monday, December 27, 2021

Meaningful Moments


Christmas this year was one of the best I’ve had. Not because of the gifts I received, but because of the moments shared with the people I love. The older I get, the more appreciative I’ve become for time spent surrounded by people who mean the world to me. My daughter hosted Christmas at her home as she’s done the last few years. One especially touching moment for me, was when my mom told me the story of how she chose my name. Being a hopeless romantic, she was enamored with a movie that came out in 1957 called Tammy and the Bachelor. She loved the song Debbie Reynolds sang in the movie and often sang it to herself. She knew one day she would name her daughter Tammi. Mom played the song for me on her iPad. It was a special moment that I treasure. Below is the song that is my namesake. 

We don’t always remember the gifts we receive, but we will remember meaningful moments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment