Friday, September 5, 2014

YA Boyfriend List

  

  What makes the perfect boyfriend?  My teen girls often discuss this topic and end up referring to fictional characters from YA books they read.  With some input from my girls as well as my own additions, I've compiled a short list of YA  characters that may make the perfect boyfriend. I have to say,  this post was a lot of fun to write. Here it goes...

Augustus Waters-The Fault in Our Stars character by John Green won the number one spot. His name has been mentioned as the perfect boyfriend a billion times in our house!

The rest are listed in no particular order....

Landon Carter-this character from A Walk to Remember  by Nicholas Sparks won our hearts over when he made the decision to marry Jamie in spite of her sickness.

Kent McFuller-from the story Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. Kent is a good guy who stays faithful to his friend and first kiss, Sam.  He believes her to be a good person even when she doesn't believe it herself.

Tim Dorscher-Tim is a super nice guy from the story Will the Real Prince Charming Please Stand Up by Ella Martin.   He always has Bianca's back.

Dean Holder - the misunderstood bad boy from Collen Hoover's Hopeless is not only a hottie, he loves Sky with all of his heart.

Brody Patterson-I have to put in a plug for Brody. I know he is perfect boyfriend material because I created him. From my story Beyond Vica, Brody is Gabby's center during a time that threatens to break her and her first real kiss.

That's all for now. There are many more that I could add to the list and will again in the future. What are your perfect YA fiction boyfriends?






No comments:

Post a Comment