Saturday, September 13, 2014

Three Questions for the Week

 
 I thought I'd try something different called Three Questions for the Week.  I often ask myself questions as I go through a week of interaction with others or simply observing as a bystander. I decided to give some of the questions a go with my blog post this week. Here it goes...


 
Why do people you know, act like they don't?
 

  Our eyes met, so I know he saw me. I continue to stroll toward him prepared to smile and say hi, after all we grew up in the same town. I've known him since we were kids. He brushes past without a word, nod of his head, roll of his eyes....nothing. Okaaay....Maybe he didn't recognize me. 

   I weave through bodies until I reach my destination, the concession stand. The hot pretzels with cheese call out to me. After claiming my prize, I hurry back to my seat. On the way back I pass a lady that goes to my church. My smile is not returned. I'm tempted to call back to her. "I'm fine. How are you?"

I don't know why people act the way they do, but I do know one thing.
  • A person's  actions'  toward you says a lot more about them than it does you.Tweet: Click to edit
 


  

Why are we drawn to heartbreakers?

 
 
   Emotion bubbles in my throat. Tears threaten to form and spill down my face, but I can't stop reading.  I have to know....will Samantha live? Will she end up with Kent?
 
Why is that we love movies and books that break our hearts? Look at the popularity of  the movie "The Fault in Our Stars".  I don't claim to know the answer to this question, but I'll give it my best shot. 
 
   The answer is.......life. Life experiences are emotion filled. We can relate to these characters because we have an emotional connection to their circumstances. In one way or another, we've all experienced grief, heartbreak, hope, love.
 
 

 

 
Who have you encouraged?


 
 This is a question I ask myself frequently. I truly believe that God wants us to lift each other up. What a difference it makes when someone speaks words of praise to you in comparison to criticism.
So this is a question I will continue to ask myself and hope I make a difference to another.

I believe the power of praise. Tweet: I believe in the power of praise.
http://awritersdevotion.blogspot.com/2014/09/threequestionsfortheweek.html

 

 

I have many more questions, so I will see you next week with three more. Have a great weekend everybody!

 

 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment